Splunk Dev

How to move a diag to the desktop folder?

jdomin30

I ssh into our server and created a diag, but how can I move it to my desktop so I can email it to someone else? What are the necessary steps I need to take it from the CLI? When I do this, it has to have the diag name as well as the time stamp. Any help would be great, thank you!

0 Karma

dflodstrom
Builder

Download WinSCP here--> WinSCP download page There are two options, chose the portable version if you don't think you'll be able to install it without an admin. Launch that program and connect to your Splunk server using the sftp option - port 22. You can drag and drop the diag file from the file browser or use one of the other download options that WinSCP gives you.

If you can't navigate to the directory containing the diag file as the user you connected as using WinSCP you'll have to move the diag to a folder that you can access and change the permissions on the diag file so that you have the ability to read it.

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is the server windows or linux?

Is your desktop windows, linux or Mac?

0 Karma

jdomin30

Server is linux and my desktop is windows

0 Karma

knalla
Path Finder

You can try winscp to copy it to your desktop.

jdomin30

How do I do that from Splunk CLI?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...