All Apps and Add-ons

How to install this App to my Splunk Cloud free trial instance

irsysintegratio
Path Finder

Some of the certified custom Apps do not appear in the Browse More Apps pages. Why is that?
Also how can I install those Apps to my Splunk Cloud free trail instance please?

Thanks,

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

if i understand correctly, when you are navigating to "top left apps drop bar menu" -> find more apps -> trying to find the app using a keyword -> cant find app.
you can download the app to your laptop / desktop and then install the app from file using gui
navigate to "top left apps drop bar menu" -> manage apps -> install apps from file -> upload the app
hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

if i understand correctly, when you are navigating to "top left apps drop bar menu" -> find more apps -> trying to find the app using a keyword -> cant find app.
you can download the app to your laptop / desktop and then install the app from file using gui
navigate to "top left apps drop bar menu" -> manage apps -> install apps from file -> upload the app
hope it helps

0 Karma

irsysintegratio
Path Finder

This does not work for Splunk Cloud, right? There is no "install apps from file" button for Splunk Cloud. Only available for Splunk on-prem?

0 Karma

ashik_muhammed

Did you find how to do this ? I've an application in Splunk base but unable to find the same app in splunk cloud. How to deal with this ? I am y=using a free trial version of the splunk.

0 Karma

swapspkr

Getting same issue . how to upload the custom app on splunk cloud.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

you are correct, tried now on the free trial cloud instance. cannot upload an app...
seems like @richgalloway comment is correct as the app you are after shows compatibility to 6.4 only.
maybe email to splunk cloud operations, they might be able to help but it is a big maybe
sorry its not resolved

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which apps?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

irsysintegratio
Path Finder
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think the Browse More Apps page only shows apps that are compliant with your version of Splunk. The app you cited is listed as compatible with 6.3 and 6.4. Are you, perhaps, running 6.5 or 6.6?
You should still be able to install the app, but you'll have to use the method described by adonio.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

irsysintegratio
Path Finder

I see. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...