All Apps and Add-ons

How to install the add-on for Symantec end point protection?

rlmalci
Explorer

I'm not understanding the installation instructions. I currently have a forwarder installed on the Symantec server and it is forwarding data to the indexer. I've installed the Symantec add-on on the search head but getting error when trying to open the Symantec app. Does the app have to be installed on the indexer? What files do I need to configure and where?

0 Karma

arssi

I managed to send logs via UniversalForwarder, and I see them on the index.

But the homepage got an error at the first access.

I re-installed the app but still the same.

Anyone have the solution ?

I didn't find any action for this.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@arssi This is an old thread. Please post a new question.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

bluecollar
Engager

After much trial and error we cleared out everything and started fresh, we did use the new app for Symantec. and edited our inputs, index conf files. seem to be getting relevant info in Splunk security essentials app as well as independent searches. Its still a work in progress

0 Karma

emmanuel_hivert

Hi,

do you have return for this problem ?
I would like to receive the SEP log . I don't know if i may install an forwarder and the SEP add on , or i can to configure the SEP manager to send log ( syslog UDP 514 default) to the Splunk Indexer and in this case , has the SEP add on is necessary ?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What error do you get when trying to open the app?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

rlmalci
Explorer

I'm getting the 404 Page not found error. It's unable to find the "app/Splunk_TA_symantec-ep/setup" page. I'm not sure if everything is setup correctly. The universal forwarder is installed on the "Symantec" server, the "Symantec end point" app is installed on the "Splunk Search Head". Does the "Symantec end point" app need to be installed on both the forwarder and search head?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...