Getting Data In

How to ingest Cyberark logs in Splunk?

janclairmont

Is there a published method or documentation on how to ingest Cyberark logs?

Thanks,
Jan Clairmont
302-669-9972

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rajanala
Path Finder

Can Splunk ingest CyberArk ITA logs also ?

0 Karma

James_wang
Engager

My approach is using CyberArk EVD to export the data into MSSQL (almost no program effort) and then using python to export the log (JSON) which I really want in later analysis. During this period, you can do more correlative process on your data such as binding PolicyID and other customization file category.

The best of this way is that you can save your splunk license and make the log easy to handle, because splunk natively support JSON format log.

The cons: it could only do the near real-time, because EVD only export the data which is about 30 min before.

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

just bumping to see if anyone have implemented TA for Cyberark? Would be very helpful to see how CIM is mapped

0 Karma

michtek
Explorer

Jan, Cyberark offers syslog containing audit events which can be easily fed into Splunk (directly or indirectly). If you just need audit events out of everything that Cyberark is logging, with syslog you won't need a Splunk forwarder installed on any of Cyberark boxes.

Michal

bosburn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Jan -

Are cyberark's logs in a text format? I used it at my last job and don't remember if that's the case. If it is, it would be a simple matter of installing a forwarder on the Cyberark server and pointing it at the logs. Then you would have to set up field extractions.

Brian

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...