Monitoring Splunk

How to identify/monitor a deny access action in Windows 2008 SP1 ?

williamhui

Hello,

With enabled all audit tracking in Windows Local Security Policy and the monitoring folders, I was able to identify the person (Account_Name) who is using an application (Process_Name) to do an action (Accesses) on specified folder/file (Object_Name).
However, I was unable to find whether my action is success or not. (The audit is success). Could anyone help on this ?

Many Thanks,
William

Tags (1)
0 Karma

acilia

"Reason for access" reporting is the ACEs in Win 2008 R2 provides the privileges on which the decision to allow or deny access to the object and also record the action allow or deny the occurrence of a particular event.

Therefore, the root cause is that Win 2008 does not support Reason for access which Win 2008 R2 supports.

0 Karma

keiichilam
Explorer

一定係你做錯。

0 Karma

LCM
Contributor

I would agree to that answer 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...