All Apps and Add-ons

How to have app accessible by 'Launch App', but not visible on home page

lennys26
Communicator

I am running Splunk Cloud and created an app which is currently visible to users via the default home page. I would prefer to not have it visible there and instead have it accessible to users by accessing the apps page (apps --> manage apps) and then clicking on 'Launch App', similar to the way Splunk Cloud Tour, Home, and a couple of others are set up.

I have played with the permissions and properties of the app, but cant seem to sort it out. Can anyone assist?

0 Karma

hunters_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Lennys26,

On the Manage Apps page, after you go to your app's Properties page, you should see a Visible option. Set this to No and the app will not appear on the homepage.

Hope it helps. Thanks!
Hunter

0 Karma

lennys26
Communicator

I thought that this would be the solution, however while this does keep it from appearing on the homepage, the 'Launch App' link from the apps menu ('actions') does not appear, leaving me with no [simple] way to launch the app.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Try setting this value in apps.conf

show_in_nav = false
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

lennys26
Communicator

This is in Cloud, so I have no access to apps.conf.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...