Getting Data In

How to get a log in an index other than main?

itis_vendors

We have an application log that is being stored in the main index instead of an index we have called application_name. How do I get the application log data into the index called application_name?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stephanefotso
Motivator

Hello! You can first create your index. During indexing your logs, you will be prompted to select the index. Just select your index, and everything will be ok.

Thanks

SGF

View solution in original post

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Hello! You can first create your index. During indexing your logs, you will be prompted to select the index. Just select your index, and everything will be ok.

Thanks

SGF
0 Karma

itis_vendors

So I found that the index is created already. The application has 2 logs, one is going into the correct index, and one is going into the main. How can I set the other to go into the correct index?

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

You can set it both via splunk web or the configuration file.

Via splunk web:
First, create the index: Settings -->Indexes -->Newand create your index
Second, index your log: From splunk home, Add data--> Monitor. Select the source, ......... At the Next screen, select the index, ........ ....

SGF
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...