Alerting

How to find out if we can trigger an alert if we are getting error continously for more than 5 mins?

mpr1985

We want to configure an alert where the if there are continuous errors for more than 5 mins per app server per host then we need to trigger that. By continuous we mean every min in those 5 mins we have some error. How can i check that every one min in those 5 mins there was error and then trigger the alert?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can try something like this (it's untested)..

index=... log_level=ERROR
| bin _time span=1m
| stats count by _time
| where count>0
| makecontineous count

It is using 5 spans with 1 minute per span. Its then checking to see if each span has a count value then using makeconineous to see if there's 5 in a row

0 Karma

mpr1985

@skoelpin where are we specifying that it should be non-zero for 5 continuous bins in the query?

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Correct, this is why I added | where count>0. I haven't tested this, but this will definitely get you started

0 Karma

mpr1985

This count is the for number of errors per min right? how to check if in last 5 spans all were > 0?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...