Splunk Search

How to find out if there are multiple hits to page in a single session

xvxt006
Contributor

I am trying to find out the count of transactions when there are multiple hits to a particular uri with in a session.
I am sure we can use transaction command but not exactly sure how to get this..Can anyone help?

0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi,

Yes you are correct. I am trying to find if there are any repeated requests to that particular uri.
i got the results but i am seeing the count as 1 and there is no single event with count as 2, which is not believable. I am still digging thru the data.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Without knowing sample logs or available fields, give this a try

your base search | transaction sessionId uri ...transaction attributes... | stats count by sessionId uri

The transaction command is costly, so if you can provide some sample events and/or available field names, we can suggest something more efficient.

0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

Thank you. our session id is jsessionid and uri is uri_path

I am trying this but i am not getting any data

sourcetype=access_combined_cookie host=pr* uri_path="/home" | transaction jsessionid uri_path | stats count by jsessionid uri_path

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

And you're getting any result with your base search?

Also, could you provide more details on your requirement here? Do you want to count how many times a uri_path appears for a jsessionid value?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...