Splunk Search

How to exclude weekends from last 30 days search ?

zacksoft
Contributor

My query essentially goes thru every event and picks a field with response_time. And then calculates the average value of it.
I need to do this search for last 30 days excluding weekends(saturday,sunday). But in the presets I don't see any option to exclude weekend. Need help for that.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

solarboyz1
Builder

Something like...
index=main date_wday!=saturday AND date_wday!=sunday

View solution in original post

solarboyz1
Builder

Something like...
index=main date_wday!=saturday AND date_wday!=sunday

peterfox1992
Explorer

Hi @solarboyz1 , How can I have this as a customized input button ?

0 Karma

solarboyz1
Builder

You would need to create something like a checkbox on your form that says something like "Exclude Weekends" or "Week Days Only"

When that checkbox is selected, have it add the "date_wday!=saturday AND date_wday!=sunday"  to your base search. 

0 Karma

peterfox1992
Explorer

@solarboyz1, Thanks for the reply.

Created input option like this. Working as expected but what I noticed is Tick mark is not changing when I select the other option; showing both buttons as Checked.  Any suggestions ?

<input type="checkbox" token="weekends" id="weekends">
<label>Weekend Option</label>
<choice value="| where NOT (date_wday=&quot;saturday&quot; OR date_wday=&quot;sunday&quot;)">Exclude Weekend</choice>
<choice value="">Include Weekend</choice>
<delimiter> </delimiter>
</input>

0 Karma

solarboyz1
Builder

Tick mark is not changing when I select the other option

I'm going to infer that you are using the timechart to visualize the data, and the timechart still has weekends on the x axis.

I believe You will need to switch from timechart  to  using chart over _time 

Which should give you a chart without any weekends. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...