Splunk Dev

How to display search results by day

kaphie2002

Hello,

I have a search that calculates the total number of a specific log event and displays results in the table format below:

col1 col2 col3 col4
23 25 26 27

How do I display the results by day? for example:

_time col1 col2 col3
2018-05-03 270 23 35
2018-05-04 814 33 25
Total xxxx 56 60

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Just add an appropriately placed | bin span=1d _time and then add _time to the BY clause of your stats command.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You'd get a better answer if you could share your current search. Depending upon you current search (how you calculated values for those columns) you'd use timechart or bin-stats or bin-chart combination.

0 Karma

rgreer
Path Finder

The Timechart command (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Timechart?r=searchtip) or the bin command. Either of those commands would do what your looking for. I would start with the timechart command and expand from there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...