Splunk Search

How to detect and fill default value to empty-value field ?

sieutruc
Contributor

Hello,

When i did a search on my SQL data, there are a lot of empty-value fields, which don't contain anything, i want to fill them up with value "" , but i cannot find any efficient method to achieve that.

I tried fillnull function , but it didn't work through. If i do it by hand, like

eval field=case(isnull(field),"",NOT isnull(field),field)

it works, but if there are nearly 100 fields, it's impossible.

So can you suggest me a solution for that ?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

aneeshkjm123
Path Finder

sieutruc
Contributor

as i specified in my question, fillnull value=NULL doesn't work. It only works in case there is at least one value of the field is not empty, but if all the value of that field are empty , it doesn't work

djfang
Explorer

I have the same problem as @sieutruc, posted another question to hopefully get some answers on this.

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/279781/showing-all-fields-in-search-including-empty.html?minQuesti...

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

What didn't work with fillnull?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...