Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create two seperate navigation menu for two different categories of dashboards ??

umsundar2015
Path Finder

I have list of some 50 dashboards in dashboard panel.My requirement is to create a separate menu like (Production,operational) each production dashboard and operational dashboard which should have dashboards accordingly.User needs few dashboards in Production so that he dont want to see all the dashboard list which has the dashboards like operational,clone etc. like that another menu called operational which should have dashboards other than Production dashboards.

I tried the below code in default.xml file in navigation menu but it displays in drop down ,

<view source="all" match="Antimalware"/>
</collection> 

My expectation is not to show in drop down but a separate page should open for both production and operation when they are selected like dashboard menu which is already available by default in search menu.

Please suggest me way how to do this .

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The easiest way is to have two different tabs in your menu is

<nav>
    <collection label="Production">
        <view name="dashprod1" default="true"/>
        <view name="dashprod2"/>
    </collection>
    <collection label="Operations">
        <view name="dashoper1"/>
        <view name="dashoper2"/>
    </collection>
</nav>

In addition, I don't know if the two groups can access both the dashboards (Production and Operations), if not you can define access rights so the people of one group don't see dashboards of the other one.

I don't like the solution <view source="all" match="Antimalware"/> because in this way you haven't control on what the user see, I prefer to work just a little more writing every navigation Menu update but I want to show to the user only the dashboards I want.

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...