Archive
Highlighted

How to configure a receiver to listen on port 9997 when trying to receive data from a remote machine on the local network?

Communicator

Hello Team Splunk!

I am trying to receive data from a remote machine on the local network. In order to do so I configured a receiver to listen on port 9997. This is shown below in Figure 1. However, when I check netstat I see that the port is not actually listening for incoming connections, Figure 2. Does anyone know what is going wrong?

Also, I should I mention that I am using Splunk 6.0 on Windows 7 operating system (OS).
alt text
Figure 1: Splunk set to listen on 9997

alt text
Figure 2: Ports with 999 not open

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: How to configure a receiver to listen on port 9997 when trying to receive data from a remote machine on the local network?

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As you're on Windows - use netstat -a to actually show listening ports - it doesn't show them by default.

Hope that helps - if it does I'd be happy if you would upvote/accept this answer, so others could profit from it. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: How to configure a receiver to listen on port 9997 when trying to receive data from a remote machine on the local network?

Communicator

Thank-you for the help with this.

0 Karma