Splunk Enterprise

How to combine two fields if the second field does not equal 0?

snix
Communicator

Okay I have two fields, first one is an error code, example:
ErrorCode_Field = 404

The second field is a sub code of that error code, example:
SubErrorCode_Field = 3

For some reason they entire code is split into two separate fields. I was able to combine the two into a single field to look like this:
FullErrorCode_Field=404.3

Using this code:
eval "FullErrorCode_Field"=ErrorCode_Field . "." . SubErrorCode_Field |

But I would like to put in some kind of "if" statement that says if the SubErrorCode_Field = 0 to not append it or the "." between the split fields to the FullErrorCode_Field. So for example:

if ErrorCode_Field = 404 and SubErrorCode_Field = 3 then FullErrorCode_Field=404.3 but

if ErrorCode_Field = 404 and SubErrorCode_Field = 0 then FullErrorCode_Field=404

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this
fixed typo

your current search | eval "FullErrorCode_Field"=ErrorCode_Field.if(tonumber(SubErrorCode_Field)=0,"",".".SubErrorCode_Field)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this
fixed typo

your current search | eval "FullErrorCode_Field"=ErrorCode_Field.if(tonumber(SubErrorCode_Field)=0,"",".".SubErrorCode_Field)
0 Karma

snix
Communicator

You the man, that did the trick!

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Thanks @snix for pointing the typo. Corrected the answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...