Splunk Search

How to change color of an apps navigation bar?

horsefez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi fellow splunkers,

I use splunk 6.4 and tried to change the color of an apps navigation bar.
The way I read about was to change the value in the /default/data/ui/nav/default.xml.

But I restarted splunk afterwards and it didn't work.
This is what I used:
nav search_view="search" color="#0000FF"

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
pyro_wood

1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

to modify the apps navigation bar you have to enter in [settings -- User Interface -- Navigation bar -- Default.xml].
In the first row you have to insert the option "color" like the following example.

<nav color="#3d7e3d">

If you do this by web interface you don't need to restart Splunk, but only to reload page.

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

tbaublys_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

to modify the apps navigation bar you have to enter in [settings -- User Interface -- Navigation bar -- Default.xml].
In the first row you have to insert the option "color" like the following example.

<nav color="#3d7e3d">

If you do this by web interface you don't need to restart Splunk, but only to reload page.

Bye.
Giuseppe

duartet
Path Finder

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

if you're satisfied of the answer, please, accept the answer.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

horsefez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

PS: Am I somehow able to reapply the default.xml?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...