Splunk Search

How to change color of an apps navigation bar?

horsefez
Motivator

Hi fellow splunkers,

I use splunk 6.4 and tried to change the color of an apps navigation bar.
The way I read about was to change the value in the /default/data/ui/nav/default.xml.

But I restarted splunk afterwards and it didn't work.
This is what I used:
nav search_view="search" color="#0000FF"

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
pyro_wood

1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

to modify the apps navigation bar you have to enter in [settings -- User Interface -- Navigation bar -- Default.xml].
In the first row you have to insert the option "color" like the following example.

<nav color="#3d7e3d">

If you do this by web interface you don't need to restart Splunk, but only to reload page.

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

tbaublys_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

to modify the apps navigation bar you have to enter in [settings -- User Interface -- Navigation bar -- Default.xml].
In the first row you have to insert the option "color" like the following example.

<nav color="#3d7e3d">

If you do this by web interface you don't need to restart Splunk, but only to reload page.

Bye.
Giuseppe

duartet
Path Finder

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

if you're satisfied of the answer, please, accept the answer.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

horsefez
Motivator

PS: Am I somehow able to reapply the default.xml?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...