#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

How to access Splunk Cloud configuration files?

agoebel
Path Finder

I was wondering how you go about accessing configuration files on Splunk Cloud (specifically the trail for now). Sorry if this has been answered a bunch, couldn't find it in the listings.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For Splunk Cloud, any task that requires editing a configuration file directly requires filing a support ticket. See Admin tasks in the Splunk Cloud documentation. If you are using the free online sandbox, you won't be able to customize your configuration files except to the extent that you can change settings in the user interface.

View solution in original post

ColinJacksonPS
Path Finder

I'm a dork. HF. I can just use basic auth instead of figuring out OAuth crapness on the Splunk Cloud.

0 Karma

ColinJacksonPS
Path Finder

So this isn't happening on the Splunk Cloud SH. I'd need this for my local, internal Splunk Heavy Forwarder. Anyone have one they can show basic formatting?

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For Splunk Cloud, any task that requires editing a configuration file directly requires filing a support ticket. See Admin tasks in the Splunk Cloud documentation. If you are using the free online sandbox, you won't be able to customize your configuration files except to the extent that you can change settings in the user interface.

ColinJacksonPS
Path Finder

So, I'm not editing it on my Splunk Cloud SH. I'm actually setting it up on my internal Splunk HF that pushes to Splunk Cloud. That's where I need to hardcode it. So I just need an example one so the btool doesn't lose its mind when I muck around with it.

0 Karma

agoebel
Path Finder

Thanks for the quick response. It's a pity but considering how splunk cloud is mostly built it makes sense

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...