Splunk Search

How do you remove matching terms from searches?

ryan_t_gavin

In Splunk 7.1.2, when searching, it will suggest terms that have been indexed in the past. I have deleted some data, but the data is still showing in "matching terms" when i start typing in the search bar.

How do I remove it from there as well?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Vijeta
Influencer

Hi Ryan,

You can go in your Account Settings and under Search select the option as "None"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Hi Ryan,

You can go in your Account Settings and under Search select the option as "None"

0 Karma

ryan_t_gavin

Vijeta,

This does solve the problem in short-term. In my case, though, we accidentally ingested passwords in a file. We do not want this visible to anyone regardless of role, so we deleted it (| delete). We like the matching terms normally as it is convenient when searching something like "host=" to have the list of hosts, but right now if we type "password" it will show the deleted data's content. I'd like to type "password" but not show the deleted data's content; only new data.

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...