Deployment Architecture

How do i delete splunk forwarder hosts

kvsajay213

Hi,

I tried to uninstall splunkuniversalforwarder on Host server but still able to see Hosts in my splunk server can someone help me how to remove hosts?

Thanks in Advance

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kvsajay213

Its Universal forwarder

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

which folder/logs are you referring to? is it a universal or heavy forwarder?

0 Karma

kvsajay213

Thank you Abhisek....

I have uninstalled and installed universal forwarder and i am not able to see all the folders/logs like i can see in another server do you know why?

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

Hello,
You will not be able to delete the host from the splunk server(Search head). It is already written to the metadata of the index present. If you don't require the data associated with the host you may need to delete the index and re-create it again. You will not see the host again. If you still have some important data then better filter out in queries using NOT or where clause for that host.

You may also take help of collect command to gather the necessary data into another index and save the data from getting deleted.

Thanks

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

As i have mentioned in the answer you need to delete the index and re-create it then you will be able to host name from the index

0 Karma

kvsajay213

Its Universal Installer

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...