Splunk Dev

How do i add the Stop & Pause buttons to a dashboard?

damonmanni
Path Finder

I want to add the Stop & Pause buttons to a dashboard for the user to click when needed (due to its expensive search).

• I am running Splunk 6.4.1
  • I am using the Bluecoat ProxySG add-on v3.5.0 and its pre-built panels incorporated into a new Dashboard. The add-on and panels are working fine, showing data, no issues.
  • My current attempt and various files touched:
  1. Customize the pre-built panels that come with the add-on to match our env:
  2. cd $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_bluecoat-proxysg/local
  3. cp -r ../default/data . (Make copy of out-of-the-box pre-built panels for modifications)
  4. vi ./data/ui/panels/*.xml Insert "index=myindexname" into the already provided tag to match our environment. easy.
  5. Created a new Dashboard, adding the 4 pre-built bluecoat panels to it, saved, rendered, anddata is displayed, all looks good so far.
  6. Add stop & pause buttons to DB
    • Need help with steps here *
0 Karma

hijacob
Communicator
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...