Splunk Dev

How do I read logs from splunk>enterprise into my application?

raju4789

I have a user case to check how many new errors are logged into Splunk every day. I have to check with previous day logs and post only new logs. So , i want a way to read logs into my application.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

raju4789

Hi,
I know search query. I can directly go and type splunk>enterprise and get results. I want to do above from an application (say written in node js) to call splunk with search query and get the results.

Thanks

0 Karma

tomawest
Path Finder

This may seem a bit too simplistic however I would run a search across two days along the lines of

search log-level=error | stats count as "totalerrors" by errorType| search totalerrors = 1

0 Karma

raju4789

search log-level=error | stats count as "totalerrors" by errorType| search totalerrors = 1

I want to query above using my application (say node js) and get results as if I am going to splunk>enterprise site and typing it. Is it possible?

Does splunk provide API to get search query results from another application?

If yes , how?

Thanks tomawest

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...