Splunk Search

How do I perform math against two searches?

mo86

I have two searches that use the same index and each return a numerical total, differing only in the period of time of the data they look at. How would I perform math on the search results for example adding or calculating percentages?

0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| makeresults
| fields - _time
| eval Total1=[search index=data NOT ID="" earliest=-1d@d latest=-0d@d | regex name!="[a-z]."| dedup id | stats count | return $count] 
| eval Total2=[search index=data NOT ID="" earliest=-0d@d latest=now | regex name!="[a-z]."| dedup id | stats count | return $count]
| eval FullTotal=Total1+Total2 | eval percentage=((Total1/FullTotal)*100)

View solution in original post

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| makeresults
| fields - _time
| eval Total1=[search index=data NOT ID="" earliest=-1d@d latest=-0d@d | regex name!="[a-z]."| dedup id | stats count | return $count] 
| eval Total2=[search index=data NOT ID="" earliest=-0d@d latest=now | regex name!="[a-z]."| dedup id | stats count | return $count]
| eval FullTotal=Total1+Total2 | eval percentage=((Total1/FullTotal)*100)

mo86

Thank you, that works great!

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

maybe, could you write the 2 queries please..

0 Karma

mo86

index=data NOT ID="" earliest=-1d@d latest=-0d@d | regex name!="[a-z]."| dedup id | stats count

index=data NOT ID="" earliest=-0d@d latest=now | regex name!="[a-z]."| dedup id | stats count

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...