B 5
C 6

Table 2
A one
A two
A three
B one
C one

Trying to lookup so that all the values from Table 1 that are IN table 2 are returned, but I'm only getting the 1st entries. My lookup returns
A 1 one
B 5 one
C 6 one

But I want
A 1 one
A 1 two
A 1 three
B 5 one
C 6 one

Here is the lookup. Appreciate any help.

| inputlookup table 1
| join type=inner [ inputlookup table 2]

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this...

| inputlookup table 1 
| join type=inner max=0 [ inputlookup table 2]

There is also a way for an admin to officially set up the second lookup to return multiple results, but the above will work.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this...

| inputlookup table 1 
| join type=inner max=0 [ inputlookup table 2]

There is also a way for an admin to officially set up the second lookup to return multiple results, but the above will work.

0 Karma

abidgoliwb

Fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for 🙂

0 Karma

abidgoliwb

Follow up question. How can I continue this lookup against a third table but return the results ONLY if they are not present in the third table as follows:

Result of join of first to table
A 1 one
A 1 two
A 1 three
B 5 one
C 6 one

3rd table
B Done
C Done

Return
A 1 one
A 1 two
A 1 three

Thanks

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@abidgoliwb - this forum does not work well with "followup questions" that add new items after the question is solved - you will end up waiting for an original answerer who may not log on for days.

It's best to write up the new question, with all the information needed to understand what is being asked, and include a reference to the prior answer.

I believe you are looking for

| inputlookup table1 
| join type=inner max=0 keyfield [ inputlookup table2]
| lookup table3 keyfield OUTPUT keyfield AS foundit
| where isnull(foundit)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...