Splunk Search

How do I find matching events that occurred in the last 15 minutes?

vwilson3
Path Finder

I'm pretty new to Splunk and am learning every day. I have this search and I have to create an alert if more than 2 of these events happen in 15 minutes. For now, our alerts have to run once every hour. I've tried using "span", but that breaks up the hour into 15 minute blocks by time, not from the time the event occurred. Here's my search (sorry, had to remove specific data... you understand):

index=myindex field1="xxx" field2="222" |eventstats count by field3 |where count>2 |table _time host field1 field2 field3 field4 field5

Any tips, tricks, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

nrduren1115
Explorer

Check out the timechart command. It lets you split by time and a certain field. You can specify how long you want the buckets to be as well. Below is the documentation.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/SearchReference/Timechart

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...