Splunk Search

How do I find matching events that occurred in the last 15 minutes?

vwilson3
Path Finder

I'm pretty new to Splunk and am learning every day. I have this search and I have to create an alert if more than 2 of these events happen in 15 minutes. For now, our alerts have to run once every hour. I've tried using "span", but that breaks up the hour into 15 minute blocks by time, not from the time the event occurred. Here's my search (sorry, had to remove specific data... you understand):

index=myindex field1="xxx" field2="222" |eventstats count by field3 |where count>2 |table _time host field1 field2 field3 field4 field5

Any tips, tricks, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

nrduren1115
Explorer

Check out the timechart command. It lets you split by time and a certain field. You can specify how long you want the buckets to be as well. Below is the documentation.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/SearchReference/Timechart

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...