Knowledge Management

How do I display all fields from a lookup file via inputlookup , but match only one in the search?

sarwshai
Communicator

I have a lookup which has 6-7 fields. One of them is src_ip, which I'm trying to use in a search as follows:

index=myindex "searchterm" [| inputlookup "mylookup.csv" | fields src_ip] | stats values(field1) values(field2) by src_ip

Here it matches src_ip in "myindex" and brings out 3 fields i.e src_ip, field1, field2. However i want all the fields from the lookup in the results to compare only the src_ip with fields in "myindex" .

Is this possible?

0 Karma

datasearchninja
Communicator

The most perfomant option will be to look them up from the lookup after the stats command

So:

index=myindex "searchterm" [| inputlookup "mylookup.csv" | fields src_ip] 
| stats values(field1) values(field2) by src_ip
| lookup mylookup.csv src_ip
0 Karma

sarwshai
Communicator

No, that doesn't work, an error comes for this,

Error in 'SearchParser': Subsearches are only valid as arguments to commands. Error at position '375' of search query 'search index=myindex url=myurl | search [ | i...{snipped} {errorcontext = Action | [lookup "DH}'.

However i found a way for this and successfully displayed all fields from lookup while matching only one, below is the query,

| stats values(field1) values(field2) by src_ip
|join [| inputlookup mylookup.csv ]

0 Karma

datasearchninja
Communicator

Your query is using join when it shouldn't the correct use for this is as I suggested. Note this is lookup, not inputlookup:

|stats values(field1) values(field2) by src_ip
|lookup mylookup.csv src_ip

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...