Archive
Highlighted

How do I CIM tag DB2 audit logs that are dumped on the filesystem as a text file (not using DB Connect)?

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is actually a question I already the answer for, I just want to use the question/answer style to ensure it complies to the way this forum is setup.

This is how I achieved the CIM compliance for the DB2 audit logs that are dumped to the filesystem by the DBA (not read in via the DB Connect application).

Please see the answer for the solution information.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: How do I CIM tag DB2 audit logs that are dumped on the filesystem as a text file (not using DB Connect)?

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

props.conf

[DB2:audit]
EVAL-instancename = replace(source, "/[^-]+-([^.]+).log$", "\1")
EVAL-status = if(category=="SECMAINT",if(eventstatus==0,"success","failure"),null())
FIELDALIAS-DB2:audit
aliases = eventstatus AS resultid grantee AS object granteetype AS objectcategory host AS dest
EXTRACT-db2src = (?ms)applicationid=(?P.*?)(.[^.]+){2};
EVAL-user = coalesce(grantor,userid)
EVAL-action = if(category=="VALIDATE",if(eventstatus==0,"success","failure"),null())

eventtypes.conf
[db2auditchange]
search = sourcetype=DB2:audit category=SECMAINT

[db2auditauth]
search = sourcetype=DB2:audit category=VALIDATE

tags.conf
[eventtype=db2auditchange]
change = enabled

[eventtype=db2auditauth]
authentication = enabled

You may need to change this depending on your exact requirements but hopefully it helps someone...

View solution in original post

Speak Up for Splunk Careers!

We want to better understand the impact Splunk experience and expertise has has on individuals' careers, and help highlight the growing demand for Splunk skills.