Splunk Search

How can I produce results with a span of 1 day

Gowtham0809

Hi,

I am joining several source files in splunk to degenerate some total count. One thing to note is I am using ctcSalt= to reindex all my source file to day, as only very few files will be chnaged when compared to other and i need to reindex all the files as per my usecase.

Here I start using | stats count | timechart span=1d count(field) at the end of of the string and it does not provide any results, i also tries xyseries still no results.

How do i span the results for each day?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

timechart requires a _time field. For example, the daily count is:

(your search)|timechart span=1d count

View solution in original post

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

timechart requires a _time field. For example, the daily count is:

(your search)|timechart span=1d count
0 Karma

Gowtham0809

Hello,

I am able to generate the single day count by adding (my search)| stats count, but if use (my search) |timechart span=1d count or (my search) | stats count |timechart span=1d count, I am not gettting any results and provided time range is all time.

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

(my search)| stats count
(my search) |timechart span=1d count
The top moves but the bottom doesn't move, you can only think of deleting ”_time”. Please provide a complete search statement.

(my search) | stats count |timechart span=1d count,
→This doesn't work

0 Karma

Gowtham0809

Hello

below is my actual quiry

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion
 |table TestCaseName,SysReqID,TestCaseID,Verdict,CurrentTestcaseResultURL

You can't use "timechart" here because "_time" is gone.

Also, due to "dedup", there will be only the latest one for each "CurrentTestcaseResultURL".

0 Karma

Gowtham0809

Thanks for your reply. And Yes, we use dedup to fecth only the latest url for each day. Thats why we re-index the data every day. is there any other way to get the historical trend for this search on daily basis?

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

For example, how about setting the "target date" so that it is always included in DEDUP, JOIN, and STATS?

|eval target_date=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d")

EX.
index="usa_*_test"・・・
・・・|join type=inner DNGProjectAreaID,target_date
・・・|dedup LinkStartID,target_date
・・・|stats count by target_date

・・・・・・・

0 Karma

Gowtham0809

Thanks for the update, I managed to come up with a solution by scheduling the report to generate a csv and append the same everyday to reach by visualization destination. I will also try out your opinion. Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...