Splunk Search

How can I get scheduled searches to run in verbose mode

lmtaylor
Engager

We are having an issues getting results back from scheduled searches. When I open the instance of a report I get either zero results or not the exact number of results from the search. It's showing it ran in fast mode, when I change it to verbose I get the correct results. I've read the post "https://answers.splunk.com/answers/124352/scheduled-report-in-verbose-mode.html?utm_source=typeahead..." and it indicates setting the display.page.search.mode = verbose will only apply to saved searches and not scheduled searches, is that true?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

verbose mode is meant to help user to see automatically extracted field on the left pane in Event Viewer in search app. This is requires extra resource usage and making search slower. So, scheduled search won't use verbose mode because scheduled search does not required extra field extraction for event viewer.

As you are describing, if your scheduled search does not return results and the same search does not return result in "Fast mode", but the same search returns results in "Verbose mode"
Something is wrong. I recommend to file a Support case. It might be a bug.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...