Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I display graphs and reports in a web application outside Splunk Web based on data from an external database?

stianhk

I have requirements from a customer to use the Splunk platform to display data from an external MS SQL database and output reports and graphs in another (client) web application outside Splunk Web.
So far I have installed the Splunk Server and added the DB Connect app. Next step I am not sure about. Do I use SplunkJS? If so, how can I use this library to fetch data from Splunk and the external database. I am a proper noob at Splunk, so any input is welcome

Regards

0 Karma

vinodmadaan
Path Finder

Hi Stianhk,

following link shows you how to add splunk to your own web app, I guess this might help you as there is an example created in it as well, and yes you were right you would need to use Splunk JS.

Link: http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-splunkjsstack/SP-CAAAEW5

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...