Getting Data In

Has Anyone Integrated DynaTrace Data into Splunk?

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you able to capture client-side events?

Has integrating DynaTrace data added more visibility into your operations? I'm looking for all DynaTrace/Splunk users to respond!

1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

desoto-chan
Explorer

i've done it-metrics from dynatrace to splunk.  we used zigops. it really did help with some of the operations - more detailed insights. 

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I haven't! 😆

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm starting to think I'm going down the wrong path. We ideally want client-side logging to Splunk. Another approach we are thinking about is having Tealeaf generate log files and then forward them into Splunk. Have you ever captured client side logs to Splunk?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You need a client-less solution, is that it? You can use a third party thing (snare, etc.) or you can use HEC or move it to a Docker container and use native Docker logging.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure if it's possible to have a client-less solution in our line of business.. I operate an eCommerce environment and we tied all our features into key-value pairs and ingest all the server-side keys into Splunk. I would also like to get he client-side keys into Splunk too. So if a user comes to our site and they are served with a pop-up, I'd like to capture the frequency of those pop-ups

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You can sniff the wire with Stream...
http://blogs.splunk.com/tag/stream/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...