Archive
Highlighted

HUNK 6.2.2 -- Failed to start MapReduce job AND User: root is not allowed to impersonate mapr

Path Finder

I run this query index=emm_ascii nodeID=CCN_Voice_Lab and get my results, but I also get this:

[tibco_hdfs] Error while running external process, return_code=255. See search.log for more info
[tibco_hdfs] JobStartException - Failed to start MapReduce job. Please consult search.log for more information. Message: [ Failed to start MapReduce job, name=SPLK_PL-L1-HEYE-TOOL-01_1434044878.3041_0 ] and [ User: root is not allowed to impersonate mapr ]

Somehow Hunk is only executing as root. I set up passthrough for mapr user, but I get the error:

mapr uid is 5000.   

If I don't use the passthrough, I get the root with uid = 0 needs to be greater than 500 error.

This is on MapR ver. hadoop-2.5.1

What am I missing or where should I be looking?

Thanks for the help!

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: HUNK 6.2.2 -- Failed to start MapReduce job AND User: root is not allowed to impersonate mapr

Motivator

I assume you have two options:
1) Reinstall Hunk as user mapr
or
2) Here is what I had to do to enable MapR user impersonation

Step # 1 = Follow our docs -> http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Hunk/latest/Hunk/Configurepass-throughauthentication
Step # 2 = '/opt/mapr/conf ' --> env.sh and add ' export MAPRIMPERSONATIONENABLED=true '
Step # 3 = '/opt/mapr/conf/proxy' --> ' create a file with the name of the user (vi raanan) and change ownership to that file (chown raanan:raanan raanan)
Step # 4 = ' hadoop fs -chmod -R 777 /var '

0 Karma
Speak Up for Splunk Careers!

We want to better understand the impact Splunk experience and expertise has has on individuals' careers, and help highlight the growing demand for Splunk skills.