Reporting

Getting "unauthorized" errors when trying to pull reports

PaulJGreene
Explorer

I have some daily scripts set up on an NFS file server that are supposed to pull reports from the splunk server (splunk 6.6.4 running on Windows 2012).
The NFS server recently changed and moved to a new virtual server. The old NFS server had selinux disabled and didn't have any attribute settings configured. The new server (centos 7) did have selinux enabled so I disabled selinux and manually removed all of the selinux attributes using setfattr -x, but that didn't seem to help.
The script being used to pull the reports is:

curl -u report:report1234 -k 'https://splunk:8089/services/pdfgen/render?input-dashboard=user_account_unlocked' 

("user_account_unlocked" is the name of the report it's trying to pull)
The full script includes a line appending the output to a file on the local NFS server -

I used just the above for the sake of troubleshooting. The script does generate a PDF file but you get a "file corrupted" error when trying to open it.
When running the line above I'm getting an xml response Unauthorized, which would seem to indicate a permissions issue.
The user that originally created all the scripts isn't here anymore but he is still the owner of all of the scripts. His accounts are still active in Active Directory though.
Any suggestions?

0 Karma

PaulJGreene
Explorer

Figured it out - the user account that was referenced in the script was missing from splunk - when I re-added it the scripts seemed to work fine. It was kind of a "well, duh!" moment when the light bulb went off

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...