Splunk Search

Free "login" return url does not work

rje
Explorer

I have a free edition of Splunk 6.0.3 running on a otherwise secured server. However, linking directly to a page on any app results in the initial request being redirected to the search/search.

It seems that Splunk implements the "no users" feature of the free edition by logging anyone in automatically, which is fine by me. However, it does also seem that it completely ignores the return_to parameter, which is a problem for me. Does anyone know if this is in fact broken, or is there something i am doing wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

albertohontoria
Path Finder

Hi friend

I had the same problem and managed to make it work with this solution

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/134835/splunk-free-default-app?page=1&focusedAnswerId=135049#13504...

Let's see if it works also for you

Regards!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

albertohontoria
Path Finder

Hi friend

I had the same problem and managed to make it work with this solution

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/134835/splunk-free-default-app?page=1&focusedAnswerId=135049#13504...

Let's see if it works also for you

Regards!

0 Karma

rje
Explorer

Thank you very much for referring to your answer. I created my own hack by writing a tiny node server that always responds with the "no updates" response and pointed the update checker at that server. It's no less a hack, in fact it is more of a hack, but it is more update friendly, whereas changing a python file will most likely break when the server is updated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...