All Apps and Add-ons

Formating not taking place outside the context of an app (unless load in ad admin)

brent_weaver
Builder

I am creating an app for our use case and can only get the translations in the context of the app or admin account. Here is my default.meta in the metadata dir of the app:

# Application-level permissions

[]
access = read : [ * ], write : [ admin, power ]

### EVENT TYPES

[eventtypes]
export = system

### PROPS

[props]
export = system

### TRANSFORMS

[transforms]
export = system

### LOOKUPS

[lookups]
export = system

### VIEWSTATES: even normal users should be able to create shared viewstates

[viewstates]
access = read : [ * ], write : [ * ]
export = system

What am I missing? I have set the all to be viewable in All Apps. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

brent_weaver
Builder

I think I found the answer... Something in my users folder was causing this to happen, so I deleted my user and blew away the dir and all works fine now. Weird but true!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

brent_weaver
Builder

I think I found the answer... Something in my users folder was causing this to happen, so I deleted my user and blew away the dir and all works fine now. Weird but true!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...