All Apps and Add-ons

First run/install of Splunk on Mavericks, Adobe-based Errors when starting?

jh676

Just installed Splunk for the first time on my OSX Mavericks device. When trying to launch for the first time, it throws an applescript error about looking at Adobe files. How can I get around this? I have admin privs.

2014-02-26 14:25:53.044 osascript[2058:507] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types:dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers. 709:713: syntax error: Expeted end of line, etc. but found identifier. (-2741).
0 Karma

joedalton

I am getting a different error when installing on OSx 10.9.3

Unknown switch value in /Applications/Splunk/bin/Splunk.app/Contents/Resources/osxManageSplunk.sh!

Value is: 2014-06-23 09:41:06.337 osascript[3165:507] ApplePersistence=NO
button returned:Start and Show Splunk

I tried the fix above and it didn't work. I was wondering if anyone knew a fix.

0 Karma

smackdaddyau

Same here - no apparent fix as yet ...

0 Karma

vdnutter

I tried the fix and got further into Splunk before encountering this new error:
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" cannot be used with the current OS because it has no OSAXHandlers entry in its Info.plist.
305:309: syntax error: Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier. (-2741)

0 Karma

rbrownlee
Engager

Splunk says I need more "Karma" before I answer your question with a link... smh.

Here's what I did-> Google: splunk error osascript -> you will see a result that says "Adobe Type Units Error - How to Fix It"

There's your answer. You'll need to replace Adobe Unit Types.osax file and restart.

Good luck.

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

sdebelloiii

This worked for me!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...