Splunk Enterprise

Field extractions not getting replicated on Search head

rashi83
Path Finder

Hi,

I m using app - OKTA identity cloud deployed on Indexer has built -in sourcetype OktaIM2:log - field extractions . I am seeing those fields when I am running query on Indexer . But the same query when run on Search head , I am seeing less field extractions - specially the ones in advanced section . Attached is the screenshot of the advanced setting of sourcetype.

Why is this happening ? I have not faced this issue before ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@rashi83 - In the distributed environment, you need to deploy this app on Search head as well along with the Heavy forwarder. May be this documentation will help https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mbegan/Okta-Identity-Cloud-for-Splunk/master/README/Okta%20Identit...

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Is there same props.conf and transforms.conf?

0 Karma

rashi83
Path Finder

@to4kawa : There is props and transforms in default folder . What is the question - is it same ? NO.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...