All Apps and Add-ons

Features you want implemented in NetFlow Integration App

NetFlow_Logic
Contributor

We recently released Splunk App - NetFlow-based Network Monitoring. It enables Splunk users to examine the network traffic passing through network devices in real time. This App works with the NetFlow Integrator, a rule-based technology, which allows to filter, aggregate, deduplicate, and do other processing, and converting data to Syslog message in key=value format and forward it to Splunk.

The rule created for this App allows Splunk users to view traffic by NetFlow producer, by link (a link is defined as a pair of ingress and egress interfaces identified by their respective SNMP indexes), and by protocol.

In Rel 1.1 a new view was added that shows the average packet size per link for a selected time period. An unexpected drop in packet size (packet fragmentation) could be an indication of a problem on the network or an attack.

Post your feedback, interesting ideas, and rules you want to see implemented to make NetFlow Integration more useful!

The app is available at: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/43328/netflow-based-network-monitoring-beta

0 Karma
1 Solution

morian
Engager

I've been toying with the idea of using Splunk to do NetFlow but I've gotten used to the power and flexibility of using a purpose built NBAD solution. The NetFlow analysis capabilities seem underdeveloped in the Splunk app. What about layer 7 visibility, Network RTT, Response Time, Server Delay, Client Delay, topology, host pair and ports reporting, and network diagram mapping of connections or sessions? Just to name a few.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

morian
Engager

I've been toying with the idea of using Splunk to do NetFlow but I've gotten used to the power and flexibility of using a purpose built NBAD solution. The NetFlow analysis capabilities seem underdeveloped in the Splunk app. What about layer 7 visibility, Network RTT, Response Time, Server Delay, Client Delay, topology, host pair and ports reporting, and network diagram mapping of connections or sessions? Just to name a few.

0 Karma

NetFlow_Logic
Contributor

Thank you for your feedback. Layer 7 visibility is coming in March with our Palo Alto Network NetFlow support. Most of other features are on our roadmap. Ports reporting is available today as a configurable option. If you need any additional assistance, or have question, feel free to contact us at: https://netflowlogic.zendesk.com/home or support@netflowlogic.com

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...