Security

FSChangeMonitor errors?

jgauthier
Contributor

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

11-19-2013 15:17:34.908 -0500 ERROR SQLitePersistentStorageImpl - Error executing: select primarykey, value from keyvaluepairs_t where secondary1 = ?1 Msg=unable to open database file
11-19-2013 15:17:34.908 -0500 ERROR FSChangeMonitor - Exception thrown in update(2) - continuing

I have hundreds of these in my splunkd.log file.

Tags (2)

rmorlen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can try this if you are still having issues:

Browse to /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/persistentstorage/fschangemanager_state/ and in that directory, there is also a file called "fschangemanager_state". Rename that file or move it to a temporary location and then restart Splunk.

0 Karma

jgauthier
Contributor

I made changes to the permissions on the splunk folder for the splunk service (windows) and this error has resolved itself. Interesting since I just noticed it, and I've had a Splunk install for 2 years. I wonder if the upgrade to 6 changed something.

0 Karma

kfleming
Explorer

To what did you change the permissions
what were they set to when it was failing

I have the same problem, but having difficulty find the folder causing the problem

0 Karma

andriy_noble
Explorer

Also having the same issue, could you provide any steps for troubleshooting? As well as the fix?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...