Deployment Architecture

FAILED LOAD DEPLOYMENT _SERVER_ TENANT default

jtworzydlo
Path Finder

Got this message after upgrading Deployment Server from 5.0.1 to 6.0. Any ideas on what this might be?

Tags (1)

Lehanov
Explorer

Take a look at splunkd.log
In my case it was absence of add-on in deployment-apps folder.

spsrasru
Path Finder

what add-on you are referring to ? i am also getting same error for deployment server after upgrading from 5.x to 6.x version.

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

I currently have the same problem in my test lab.

0 Karma

mikelanghorst
Motivator

I suspect it's choking on "machineTypes" rather than "machineTypesFilter". Looking at the 5.0 vs. the 6.0 doc, I no longer see "machineTypes" in the spec file. I didn't upgrade, but I migrated an existing serverclass.conf over from a 5.0.2 install to 6.0 and got this same error.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Serverclassconf?r=splunky

from the 5.0.5 doc:
machineTypes =
* This setting is deprecated. Please use machineTypesFilter instead.

kstocks

This did not work. I'm still getting the same error. Can I reinstall the old version?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...