Dashboards & Visualizations

Exporting Visualisations

barrowvian
Explorer

Hi,

I'm new to Splunk and we have just started using Splunk Enterprise in the office. We have been playing around with it and have a couple of basic searches and dashboards set up to create our visualisations. My export menu only seems to have the option to Export PDF or Print. When I hover over one of the dashboard panels it gives me the option export the results to CSV, however, the CSV export only displays the data results in raw form.

What I'd ideally like to do is export the visualisations directly to Excel or even something like PowerPoint, so that I can display the data for comparison as part of management reporting and consumption planning.

Alternatively, is there any way to modify the way the layout is configured for the PDF? For example I have panels A, B, C, and D. A and B relate to one application, C and D relate to another application. It makes sense in the dashboard to display it as A, B, C and D but it'd make more sense for the exported report to display it as A, C, B, D due to the data in each panel.

I'd found some details on Export to Excel but it doesn't appear to work with our version of Splunk.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@barrowvian you can Check out Smart PDF Exporter for Splunk app from Splunkbase.
You can also be interested in Splunk Developer Cloud (SDC) Beta program which was introduced in .Conf last year and currently available as Beta for Splunk Cloud. Here is link to one of the Splunk Search on SDC .Conf Session

ganji
Explorer
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...