Security

Eventgen - ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/bin/modinput_eventgen.py"

astatrial
Contributor

Hi all,
For some reason i have this error in splunkd.log and there are no logs being generated from other applications which have eventgen.conf and samples dir.

Did anyone now how to solve this problem.

I suspect that this error is due to permissions but i checked all the permissions and everything is fine.

Here is an more detailed example for the log:

DEBUG    MainProcess {'event': 'Using cached earliest time: 2019-09-15 16:06:20.961619'}
09-15-2019 16:07:20.970 +0300 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/bin/modinput_eventgen.py" 2019-09-15 16:07:20 eventgen        DEBUG    MainProcess {'event': "Flushing queue for sample 'nessus_singlehost.samples' with size 60"}

09-15-2019 16:27:24.664 +0300 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/bin/modinput_eventgen.py" 2019-09-15 16:27:24 eventgen        DEBUG    MainProcess {'event': "Flushing queue for sample 'symantec_ep_scm_agent_act.samples' with size 2"}

Thanks in advanced !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...