Security

Enterprise License update

hjwang
Contributor

We'v got license violations six times with 500MB license level, but when we update with new license level 20G(stop then start in CLI), it still does not work for searching. The license detail in splunk web has been reflashed by 20,480MB, but the old violation records remain existing, the web's title also shows "reached the maximun license violations for this time period". The new license date has not been expired.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mmletzko
Path Finder

Looks like the upgrade to 4.1.4 may have just uncovered incorrect licensing in prior versions. Before the upgrade from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 we had 6 violations in the last 30 days, but no issues with using search - not messages about exceeding our license, except for the logged violations.

After the upgrade, we got the licensing error and search was disabled. After rolling back to 4.1.3, the error went away.

0 Karma

mmletzko
Path Finder

Did anyone find a resolution to this? I just upgraded from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 and am now receiving licensing errors whereas before I wasn't.

0 Karma

hjwang
Contributor

Our supporter says it may be a license bug for version 4.1.4. After doing clean all -f command,it should work fine.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should contact support for license problems. They should be able to provide you with a reset key, although I had thought that application of a new license should also reset the violations count to zero.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...