Splunk Search

Entering Tags Not a New User (why can't I create tags? I'm not a "new user")

kmattern
Builder

How come I can't create tags? It keeps telling me that I'm a new user but I'm not. And why does a title have to be at least fifteen characters?

Tags (1)

grundsch
Communicator

Is there a way to remove this limitation for app related tags? I want to ask a question to the developper of an app, but as it is brand new, the app- tag doesn't exist... (specifically, it's about app-puppet-simony)

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

I have created the tag for you. However this is a valid concern. We will look into what can be done!

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Basically it's to protect against spam and ensure the community can control content. You probably need to have accumulated 15 reputation points (by posting and being voted up) to create new tags. And the assumption is that a title less than 15 characters is most likely not descriptive or informative, hard to search for. People should not have to have to click through to a post to find out what it's about.

ftk
Motivator

Actually you need at least 250 points before you can create tags.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...