Splunk Search

Edited default.css but no changes

andrewkenth
Communicator

I am attempting to change the default color scheme via $SPLUNK_HOME/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/css/skins/default/default.css described here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/AdvancedDev/UseCSS

I edit the file, bounce the css and also restart splunk but non seem to have changed the way my pages appear in the browser.

Am I missing something?

Tags (1)

aelliott
Motivator

Did you clear your cache and then reload your page? Or do a hard refresh by holding down shift or ctrl while refreshing?

Apparently you cannot customize as much as you used to in splunk 6:
http://answers.splunk.com/answers/104685/applicationcss-gets-ignored-in-60

aelliott
Motivator

This infomration you may want to keep in mind as well

AppBar styling is more restrictive
For consistency between apps, Splunk 6.0 now constrains AppBar customization to color and logo.

To set color, use the color option to the nav element in default.xml. For example:

Search page restyling no longer supported
Splunk 6.0 new search page cannot be customized as it does not load any custom javaScript or CSS.

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

That appears to be the right folder, however it seems that changing the css within here is working for me:
$SPLUNK_HOME\share\splunk\search_mrsparkle\exposed\css

bootstrap.min.css seems to be the one that affects it.

0 Karma

andrewkenth
Communicator

I changed the link to some of the images, hard refresh, serer restart, _bump and cleaned internet files/history. That is the correct file to edit for site wide changes, correct?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...