Security

ERROR java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'xx.xx.xxx.xxx' (using password: NO)

gajananh999
Contributor

Dear Everyone,

When i am trying to connect MySQL database from splunk db connect. MySQL is on another server.

Error is

ERROR java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'xx.xx.xx.xxx' (using password: NO)

Can anyone please help me on this.

Thanks

Gajanan Hiroji.

0 Karma

s_debasish

If you are connecting a remote mysql server from your local machine using java see the below steps. Error : "java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'xxxxx'@'101.123.163.141' (using password: YES) "

for remote access may be cpanel or others grant the remote access for your local ip address.

In the above error message: "101.123.163.141" is my local machine ip. So First we have to give remote access in the Cpanel-> Remote MySQL®. Then run your application to connect.

Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");

Connection con=DriverManager.getConnection(

"jdbc:mysql://www.xyz.com/abc","def","ghi");

//here abc is database name, def is username and ghi

Statement stmt=con.createStatement();

ResultSet rs=stmt.executeQuery("select * from employee");

while(rs.next())

System.out.println(rs.getInt(1)+" "+rs.getString(2)+"

"+rs.getString(3));

con.close();

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Thanks

0 Karma

netxcel
Engager

I am facing similar problem. Have you solved it?

Encountered the following error while trying to save: In handler 'databases': Error connecting to database: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'' (using password: YES)

Pls help!!!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you granted access to the database? For example, 'grant all privileges on database.* to root@machine.splunk.runs.on;

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

gajananh999
Contributor

I am trying to connect from one ec2 machine to another ec2 machine

0 Karma

gajananh999
Contributor

Ther was way to add username password.
First i have connected to localhost database using host as 127.0.0.1. now i am trying to connect to 54.35.xx.xxx Mysql database but i m getting this error.

ERROR java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'50.16.35.xxx' (using password: NO)

In error massage its trying to connect my local machine again because my local machine IP address is 50.16.35.xxx instead of 54.35.xx.xxx

Can anyone please tell me how this is happening.

0 Karma

okrabbe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When you added the connection there was no way to enter the username and password?

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Addadatabaseconnection

0 Karma

gajananh999
Contributor

When i have given different machine IP address to add the database but it is taking local machine and checking the user in local machine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...