Installation

ERROR TcpOutputProc - LightWeightForwarder/UniversalForwarder not configured. Please configure outputs.conf

ashwinipatil007

Hi,

I have installed a new Linux forwader,but I am not able to see the logs from this forwader.

I have configured deployments.conf,have restarted forwader a couple of times but still getting the below error
and I don't see any logs in the internal index from tis forwader.

P.S the forwader I installed will send the logs to Heavy forwader.

*03-27-2020 07:59:16.055 -0700 ERROR TcpOutputProc - LightWeightForwarder/UniversalForwarder not configured. Please configure outputs.conf*

my output.conf

[tcpout]
defaultGroup = HF_group_1

[tcpout:HF_group_1]
autoLBFrequency=20
server = myserver:9997

I have seen couple of links to enable the listener port,but could not fix my issue:

thanks in advance:)

0 Karma

dannyze
Explorer

Checking in on this as I'm receiving the same error. Deploying splunk cloud on linux showed no issues, but on a windows host am receiving the same
TcpOutputProc - LightWeightForwarder/UniversalForwarder not configured. Please configure outputs.conf.

Any pointers are welcome.

Thank You

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The proper way to do this is to use your Deployment Server and manually drop your mycompanuname_all_deploymentclient app in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps folder, so that you have standardized, pre-programmed configurations for everything, including outputs.conf. You are using a Deployment Server, aren't you?

0 Karma

3es

May I know the version of UF?

0 Karma

ashwinipatil007

UF version is 6.5.3

file name is outputs.conf

0 Karma

3es

Hi,

Can you please confirm whether the file name is outputs.conf or output.conf?

should be outputs.conf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...