Alerting

ERROR TcpInputProc - Message rejected. Received unexpected message of size=1247900527 bytes from src=XXXXXXXXX:XXXX in streaming mode.

Engager

Hi All -

Version of splunk using : 7.0.2

I am trying to send events to splunk over TCP .Receiving was set in data inputs with port ::8514 , I don't see data in index specified and getting above ERROR in splunkd.log .

Complete ERROR Message :

ERROR TcpInputProc - Message rejected. Received unexpected message of size=1247900527 bytes from src=XXXXXXXXX:XXXX in streaming mode. Maximum message size allowed=67108864. (::) Possible invalid source sending data to splunktcp port or valid source sending unsupported payload.

Any suggestions would be appreciated ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Pragnesh
Loves-to-Learn

I am seeing exact same issue in my environment. have you got any solution for this?

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Can you show us your inputs.conf stanza please?

What kind of data are you trying to send?

Skalli

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...