Alerting

ERROR TcpInputProc - Message rejected. Received unexpected message of size=1247900527 bytes from src=XXXXXXXXX:XXXX in streaming mode.

Engager

Hi All -

Version of splunk using : 7.0.2

I am trying to send events to splunk over TCP .Receiving was set in data inputs with port ::8514 , I don't see data in index specified and getting above ERROR in splunkd.log .

Complete ERROR Message :

ERROR TcpInputProc - Message rejected. Received unexpected message of size=1247900527 bytes from src=XXXXXXXXX:XXXX in streaming mode. Maximum message size allowed=67108864. (::) Possible invalid source sending data to splunktcp port or valid source sending unsupported payload.

Any suggestions would be appreciated ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Pragnesh
Loves-to-Learn

I am seeing exact same issue in my environment. have you got any solution for this?

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Can you show us your inputs.conf stanza please?

What kind of data are you trying to send?

Skalli

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...